Saturday, November 16, 2013

Greasy Greatness




Don't we all love our local classics?
The ones that have been around since your grandma was a kid, yet they are still a favorite for everyone.
They are the "mom and pops" that are able to span across generations to be a favorite hangout for high school kids and senior citizens alike.

For me, that place is Como's Pete's. Their motto is: "We burn rubber, not the burgers!"
Located on Augusta Road in Greenville, they have been doing just that since 1956.

The Como brothers have been around long enough to perfect the hamburger and hot dog, but for me, it is their honey mustard that hits the mark.

It is one of my favorite things in the world. It has the perfect mixture of the mustard with the sweetest addition of honey. My friends joke that I would probably just eat the stuff by itself. In all honesty, that is probably true.
 Combine that with their crispy breaded chicken fingers and famous steak fries, and you have yourself quite a meal! 
It's not just the average baseball foods that they carry, they also have pitas, club sandwiches, and different daily specials including, but not limited to: meatloaf, pot roast, spaghetti and meatballs, and Greek stir fry.
I can honestly say I have never had anything I did not like!
The atmosphere is old diner style, fast paced, with cooks shouting "order up" and waitresses scrambling. Yet, it's fun and comforting. Whether you are a regular or out of town visitor thay make you feel like family.

Check it out! You'll fall in love.
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment