Monday, November 4, 2013

Tasty Tavern

 
 
 
 
One of the many wonderful things about living in the South is the amount of specialty southern cuisine restaurants. These next few posts are on just a few of the many tasty southern treats I have discovered. 
 
This one was a particular charm. Smoke on the Water is a southern tavern located on the south end of main street, just a stroll from the gorgeous River Falls.
 
 
 
Smoke on the Water is elegant and classy with a rustic backdrop and quaint atmosphere. The menu features everything from homemade pimento cheese to beef brisket. They combine the "fried heaven" of the Upstate with the fresh seafood of the Low Country for the ultimate southern palette.
 
For my dining option, I had the smoked salmon that literally just melted in my mouth. It was served with a side of cole slaw and mashed potatoes that were to die for. I'm interested in going back to try their oyster po' boy and crab stuffed groupor that sounded just amazing.
 
Photo
 
This place is everything I love about southern comfort food without the sometimes greasy meat and threes associated with homecooked meals. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a good 'ole meat and three, but sometimes you want to step it up a notch and Smoke on the Water does just that.
 
The absolute perfect place for Sunday brunch or luncheon with the ladies, Smoke on the Water has definitely got my vote! 
 
Check out my Restarant Ratings to see how they scored!
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment